This white bread recipe is made with basic ingredients that will most likely already be in your cupboards. Accompanied by instructions showing how to make bread! Finished in an hour and a half, this recipe is one of the best for when you are in a pinch.
I began experimenting with bread recipes once the pandemic hit. Everyone was out bulk buying the staple foods. I was stuck in a situation where I couldn’t get bread. Bread is a food we eat daily in our house! This recipe is made with six ingredients
This white bread recipe can be used for literally anything. It’s SOO soft and has the best texture. You won’t be able to get enough!
Why not throw in some extra ingredients and see what new flavors you can create! I love adding cinnamon and raisins to mine to make a tasty fruit loaf!
Also a greats activity to do with the kids. My boys both love getting their hand dirty in the flour and making their own creations! Of course eating it is the best part!
Cheap and easy white bread recipe
- Baking tin
- Hand Mixer with Dough attachment (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- 500 g Plain flour You will need extra for lining the tin and for kneading.
- 7 g Yeast
- 290 ml Warm water (not hot)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Using the small amount of oil and flour line the sides and bottom of the baking tin you are going to use.
- In a bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Set this to one side for 5-19 minutes until the yeast begins to froth.
- Meanwhile, weigh out the flour and combine in a bowl with the salt.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Using a spoon or a hand mixer with the kneading attachment, mix together until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface and knead for 10 to 15 minutes. The dough should be smooth and stretchy.
- Place into your baking tin and wrap well with cling film and leave to proof for 1 hour. Tip: spread a small amount of oil on the dough before wrapping to stop the dough from sticking to the film.
- Preheat an oven at 400°F , 200°C or Gas fark 6. Remove the cling film and bake for 20 minutes. The bread should be brown and when knocked should sound hollow.
If you liked this post then check out a few of my others;
Also dont forget to follow me on Instagram!